In an excellent article about the importance of website speed, Kathy Goldman provides some excellent insights.
So how important is the speed of your website?
A 1-second delay in page load time yields:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions (source: Aberdeen Group)
So did Walmart, who found a 2% increase in conversions for every 1 second of improvement.
Akamai did a study and found that:
That’s not all. A study by Akamai found that:
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in two seconds or less.
- 40% will abandon a web page if it takes more than three seconds to load.
- 52% of online shoppers say quick page loads are important for their loyalty to a site.
You can read her article and learn how to speed up your website by clicking here.