Location marketing platform Uberall surveyed more than 1,000 adults throughout the US to find out how they feel about interactions with chatbots.
Some key findings include:
- 40% are interested in chatbot experiences from brands
- 36% of consumers think chatbot accuracy needs to improve
- 38% of consumers think brands should use chatbots for deals, coupons, and promotions
- Curiously, nearly 60% of those surveyed still lack strong enthusiasm for the technology despite their positive experiences.
36% of consumers think chatbot accuracy needs to improve
When asked what elements of chatbots needed improvement, 43% of respondents said chatbots need to work on their accuracy in understanding what customers are asking or looking for.
Other responses include:
- 27% want chatbots to a get human customer rep involved where needed
- 19% want chatbots to hold a more ‘human’-sounding, natural conversation
- 10% simply want to see more chatbots, saying there are not many opportunities at the moment
For even more data about what consumers think of chatbots, read the full study here.