An article written by Matt Southern for Search Engine Journal states that according to a new study, 80% of consumers are having positive chatbot experiences. Read the whole article here.
Location marketing platform Uberall surveyed more than 1,000 adults throughout the US to find out how they feel about interactions with chatbots.
Some key findings include:
- 40% are interested in chatbot experiences from brands
- 36% of consumers think chatbot accuracy needs to improve
- 38% of consumers think brands should use chatbots for deals, coupons, and promotions
- Curiously, nearly 60% of those surveyed still lack strong enthusiasm for the technology despite their positive experiences.
36% of consumers think chatbot accuracy needs to improve
When asked what elements of chatbots needed improvement, 43% of respondents said chatbots need to work on their accuracy in understanding what customers are asking or looking for.
Other responses include:
- 27% want chatbots to a get human customer rep involved where needed
- 19% want chatbots to hold a more ‘human’-sounding, natural conversation
- 10% simply want to see more chatbots, saying there are not many opportunities at the moment
For even more data about what consumers think of chatbots, read the full study here.