We recently completed two real estate Landing Pages for the Fincham Team of Magnetawan, ON. One is strictly for new listings in Muskoka and the other is for new listings in the Parry Sound area. These sites will be supported by blogging, Adwords and Social Media advertising.
Location marketing platform Uberall surveyed more than 1,000 adults throughout the US to find out how they feel about interactions with chatbots.
Some key findings include:
- 40% are interested in chatbot experiences from brands
- 36% of consumers think chatbot accuracy needs to improve
- 38% of consumers think brands should use chatbots for deals, coupons, and promotions
- Curiously, nearly 60% of those surveyed still lack strong enthusiasm for the technology despite their positive experiences.
36% of consumers think chatbot accuracy needs to improve
When asked what elements of chatbots needed improvement, 43% of respondents said chatbots need to work on their accuracy in understanding what customers are asking or looking for.
Other responses include:
- 27% want chatbots to a get human customer rep involved where needed
- 19% want chatbots to hold a more ‘human’-sounding, natural conversation
- 10% simply want to see more chatbots, saying there are not many opportunities at the moment
For even more data about what consumers think of chatbots, read the full study here.
I found an interesting article in Google Webmaster Guidelines that I want to share with you. You can read the article by clicking here.
From the article “These quality guidelines cover the most common forms of deceptive or manipulative behavior, but Google may respond negatively to other misleading practices not listed here. It’s not safe to assume that just because a specific deceptive technique isn’t included on this page, Google approves of it. Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit.”
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Don’t deceive your users.
- Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you’d feel comfortable explaining what you’ve done to a website that competes with you, or to a Google employee. Another useful test is to ask, “Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn’t exist?”
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.
Top 10 Specific Quality Guidelines
Avoid the following techniques:
- Automatically generated content
- Participating in link schemes
- Creating pages with little or no original content
- Sneaky redirects
- Hidden text or links
- Doorway pages
- Scraped content
- Participating in affiliate programs without adding sufficient value
- Loading pages with irrelevant keywords
And here are three more to add to the list:
- Creating pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware
- Abusing rich snippets markup
- Sending automated queries to Google
Over the past 18 years, Limelight Marketing has designed more than 500 websites using the Ubertor and WordPress CMS platforms. Wanna know more? firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our Portfolio and Design Ideas
- 3 WordPress templates we use to fast track sites $1999.99 – https://www.limelightmarketing.ca/wordpress-real-estate-website/
- You can also view all of the WordPress bells and whistles on this site – http://mikeblaneytestsite.ourubertor.com/
- And we have a companion order form where you can mark your choices – https://www.limelightmarketing.ca/build-your-wordpress-website/
- We also build custom WordPress sites like these https://www.pinterest.ca/marketingguy/wordpress-real-estate-sites/
- We have a great Starter website using the Ubertor CMS which is $1299.00 and is completely turn-key. Here are four templates we start with – https://www.limelightmarketing.ca/limelight-starter-websites-featuring-ubertor/
- You can also view all of the Ubertor bells and whistles on this site – http://www.limelightwebsiteoptions.com/
- We have a companion order form where you can mark your choices – https://www.limelightmarketing.ca/build-your-ubertor-website/
- We also create custom Ubertor websites like these https://www.pinterest.ca/marketingguy/ubertor-website-designs/
We think Limelight is the first company to provide a tool for a Realtor to design and build their own website. The flip book below displays all of the options for a great website. We actually have a website called Limelight Website Options that is a live display of all of these features and you can actually choose all of the components from the Build Your Own Ubertor Website web page, submit the form, get a Photoshop version of the site emailed to you by the next day and on approval we can have the first reveal of your website to you within 24 hours. Or call us at 604-618-5512 or 1-800-568-8338 and we will walk you through the process.
Click the Enlarge button in the bottom menu for optimum viewing.
You can spend hours looking through our websites on Pinterest trying to identify the options you want on your website or you can visit our Limelight Website Options website to review almost every bell and whistle we offer and place your order for a custom design using our Build Your Own Ubertor Website page.
How does it work?
Limelight Starter websites include the standard following features:
- A top masthead or header area
- Scenic or real estate related banners
- Featured Listings
- Call to Action buttons linked to the appropriate pages
- Testimonial slider
- A widget of your choice
Click here to learn more about our Starter websites. We have 4 examples on this page, but they are more guidelines than fixed templates.
- Select one of our professionally designed headers (The order form can be viewed by clicking here.)
- Choose from our rotating banner options
- Pick a call to action style to drive prospective customers to become leads
- Pick a featured listing style to showcase your listings!
- Pick a testimonial style to showcase what your clients are saying
- Choose a footer style that will be seen on every page
- Select one widget to enhance your websites’ effectiveness
- Enter you contact info and submit your selections and leave the work to Limelight.
You can also use our Limelight Website Features site for larger versions of the widgets and features to help in making your choices. Click here to visit the website.
The order form can be viewed by clicking here.
How do you save?
The first 5 orders receive a 15% discount off the $1299.00 price for a savings of $190.85. You pay only $1,104.15.
When you have a unique property to sell consider a Limelight Single Property Listing website. This one is for Campbell River Realtor Chris Quinn featuring a spectacular waterfront property at 6030 Mine Road in Port McNeill, BC on Vancouver Island. We used a WordPress theme. Learn more about our single listing websites by clicking here.
Did you know that there is no certification or professional association overseeing WordPress website developers? Your only defense against a future issue is to choose a company that has experience, a track record, client testimonials and fair policies that will ensure you are not left “holding the bag”.
The barrier to entry is so low that Limelight has put together this Client WordPress Manifesto that lays out clearly what we will deliver. In particular we would like to reassure Realtors® that Limelight Marketing is the right choice. Download a pdf version by clicking here.
#1 – We Build Real Estate Websites For Realtors®…Almost exclusively
Over the past 15 years we have designed more than 500 websites using the Ubertor and WordPress CMS platforms. We know your business inside and out and we know what your buyers and sellers are looking for when they visit your website. Our designs continually evolve as clients expect new user experiences.
#2 – We Build On The WordPress Platform…The Most Flexible Platform
We actually give our clients the option of using the WordPress or Ubertor Content Management Systems based on your budget and specific needs, but our most amazing real estate websites are built on WordPress. Check out three templates we have designed that we can customize for you at a reasonable cost.
#3 – We Build Real Estate Websites That Are Modern…Because That Is What Separates Your Website From the Others
Just like car models and fashion designs are always changing, website designs change all the time too. Some of this is driven by the upsurge in the use of mobile devices and iPads, sometimes it is a new technique introduced like Parallax or the increase in the use of video. We keep on top of what is “in” and add new techniques as we learn about them or even innovate them. Check out a slide show of some of our recent sites by clicking here or visit our Pinterest page.
#4 – We Add An IDX Feed…So You Can Capture Leads
If you are looking to generate leads from your website you need to provide access to all of the MLS listings in your area. Often we add hundreds of pages for each of the sub-areas and price ranges to improve your search engine results. We use IDX providers like IDXBroker, iHomeFinder, MRP and Clicksold, but can work with any other you choose.
#5 – We Include A Blog…So You Can Get Ranked In Google
This may seem obvious as WordPress sites are technically blog sites, but we make sure there is an actual blog page so you can add content and improve your search engine results. We teach you how to blog effectively or we will blog for you.
#6 -We Develop Mobile Friendly Websites…So People Will Love Your Website on Their iPhone
We have watched the use of mobile devices rise dramatically over the past few years with younger Realtors often getting up to 70% of their visits from mobile devices. We have observed that iPhones and handhelds are often use to find your phone number or email address and iPad users seem to be looking at your listings or looking for a home.
#7 – We Provide Training…So You Don’t Get Lost
To be honest, WordPress sites are marketed as user-friendly and easy to use, but the reality is you want to sell real estate and find homes for buyers and adding “website expert” to your repertoire is a stretch when you are busy. Realistically you will always need help from Limelight or another WordPress Developer as there are going to be some things that are above your pay grade, but we will make sure you know how to edit pages, add pages, add listings and blog posts and if you want to learn more we are only a phone call away.
#8 – We Allow You To Add Or Change Elements…Without Nickel And Diming You
One thing we have learned in 15 years of website designing for Realtors® is our clients often don’t know what they want, but they can definitely tell us what they don’t want after they see it. We price our sites to allow you the flexibility to make changes, move things around and add elements that you might not have thought of originally.
#9 – Our Websites Are Affordable…Because No One Needs A $10,000 Website
Our websites start with a WordPress theme that we purchase for $39.00 to $79.00 and then the fun begins. We choose the theme that is best for the type of website you want to end up with. These themes come out of the box with more bells and whistles and page layout options than you can shake a stick at so it is our responsibility to pare down the options to create the end result. Along the way we do a lot of custom programming to ensure your website is unique. As an option to keep the cost down we have designed three unique templates that are modern, well designed and optimized for search engines. Look like a million bucks for only $1,999.00 and we will customize the site to be unique to you. This package includes a mini-branding package and is the perfect combination to jump start a career or add new life to an established one.
#10 – If You Leave, You Keep Your Content…So You Aren’t Our Hostage
Everything we add to your website is owned by you. If you choose to work with a different company or want to take over control of the content we will work with you to ensure a seamless transition. We will never hold back any assets including content, custom code and photos.
In an excellent article about the importance of website speed, Kathy Goldman provides some excellent insights.
So how important is the speed of your website?
A 1-second delay in page load time yields:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions (source: Aberdeen Group)
So did Walmart, who found a 2% increase in conversions for every 1 second of improvement.
Akamai did a study and found that:
That’s not all. A study by Akamai found that:
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in two seconds or less.
- 40% will abandon a web page if it takes more than three seconds to load.
- 52% of online shoppers say quick page loads are important for their loyalty to a site.
You can read her article and learn how to speed up your website by clicking here.
If you don’t believe the Google algorithm has evolved into making content the number one search result criteria then check out “Google’s Featured Snippets in Search”
We had no idea this new feature had been added to Google search until a client called and said he had 7 phone calls in one day about cottages for sale on a specific lake. At the top of the page was a box with an excerpt from the page on his website, a photo excerpted from the page and a link to the page. Right below that is a link to the page again. Try your own search for lake vernon cottages for sale and see for yourself.
We did a little investigation and learned what Google has to say when a user asks a question in Google Search:
“we might show a summary of the answer in a special featured snippet block at the top of the search results page. This featured snippet block includes a summary of the answer, extracted from a webpage, plus a link to the page, the page title and URL.”
“The summary is a snippet extracted programmatically from a webpage. What’s different with a featured snippet is that it is enhanced to draw user attention on the results page. When we recognize that a query asks a question, we programmatically detect pages that answer the user’s question, and display a snippet as a featured snippet in the search results.”
How can I mark my page as a featured snippet?
You can’t. Google programmatically determines that a page contains a likely answer to the user’s question, and displays the result as a featured snippet. The only way to achieve this incredible advantage is to continue to add relevant keyword content in context so your page is the authoritative result for the search terms.
One thing I find interesting is that the page that is featured in the snippet does not have a lot of content which adds to the mystery of Google. Check it out.