Jeff Desjardins has assembled the definitive marketing stats for almost anything you could imagine. You can read the post and view the Infographic by clicking here. The actual Infographic is too big to post here, but here are some of the highlights:
- The top five search results for a keyword on Google get 70% of the clicks.
- Google is responsible for 94% of total organic traffic.
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engine results.
- 50% of searches are 4 keywords or longer.
- The top 5 results get 70% of the clicks.
- Search engines drive 300% more traffic to websites than social media.
- 80% of B2B leads come in through LinkedIn vs. 13% on Twitter and 7% on Facebook.
- The best time to post on Facebook is weekdays between 1pm and 3pm.
- 60% of Instagram users discover products on Instagram.
- Video will represent 82% of all internet traffic by 2021.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour a day of video on Facebook and YouTube.
- Square videos are mmore effective than rectangular videos.
Cold email marketing:
- Emails sent between 10-11am have the highest open rates.
- Tuesday is the best day to send cold emails.
- Email personalization can increase your response rate by 100%.
- The mobile ad blocking rate has increased 90% year-over-year.
- 81% of consumers have exited a website because of a pop-up ad.
- 61% of marketers say generating traffic and leads is their top challenge.
- 47% of buyers viewed 3-5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep.
- Companies that blog receive 97% more links to their website.